Directed by Michelle and Uri Kranot
Nothing Happens is a short animation film and an animated VR experience which questions the role of the spectator, by inviting the individual to participate in an event. VR allows us to choose our perspective, allows us to dwell on the details and absorb the unique atmosphere. The project explores a new kind of narrative, a new way of being in a painting, a work of art that is truly comprehensive and immersive. Nothing Happens offers a new way of looking. It is about spectatorship, about watching and being watched. It is about being present.
More info at http://tindrum.dk/project/nothing-happens/
Role on project
In addition to handling the technical challenges and being responsible for the pipeline, I did some line animation and compositing for the film. For the VR experience I worked as programmer, shader artist, modeler, animator and did some texture work.
- 2017 Nothing Happens, Winner AFTRS International VR Competition, Adelaide Film Festival, Australia.
- 2017 Nothing Happens VR, The Lumen prize, UK.
- 2017 Nothing Happens VR, Prix immersion. Festival du nouveau cinéma , Canada.
- 2017 Nothing Happens VR, Venice Film Festival La Biennale di Venezia, Italy.
- 2017 Nothing Happens VR, Kunsthalle Wien, Vienna, Austria.
- 2017 Nothing Happens VR, Kunstmuseum Stuttgart, Germany.
- 2017 Nothing Happens VR, Today Art Museum Beijing, China.
- 2017 Nothing Happens VR, Stieglitz State Academy of Art and Design, St Petersburg, Russia.
- 2017 Nothing Happens VR, Kunsthal Charlottenborg, CPH, Denmark.
- 2017 Nothing Happens VR, Annecy Animation festival, Annecy, France.
|Technique||Drawn animation, Paint on prints, Virtual Reality experience|
|Producers||Dansk Tegnefilm (DK), MIYU (FR)|
From left: Marine Duchet, Milan Grajetzki, Uri Kranot, Juliette Viger, Morten Andersen and Sara Aunbirk